Monday, May 16, 2011

Trimm'n time

Did you happen to see the scratch on Bear's nose a couple of post back? Well it would because of his nails. It makes me super uber queasy to try to cut his nails. I cannot even describe how tiny they are.
I have tried clippers with protection guards- could not even get it to his tiny nail. I have tried magnify glass clippers, flashlight clippers and good ol' regular clippers. And yes I have even tried my teeth.
The first I time I went to cut his nails I waited till he was sound asleep. I picked up his tiny tiny little thumb nail and started to clip. I immediately pulled back fearing that I just indented his base to far. I broke out in a sweat pulled his limp sleeping body up against mine and apologized over and over again. I thought for sure I was going to pass out.
After that moment I was started putting him in onesies with gloves built in. Problem solved.
There should be a mani/pedi for newborns/toddlers at spas. I bet they would make a ton of money. I have slowly gotten a wee bit better at clipping but that is why they sell baby gloves :)

Karate CHOP!!!

No comments: