Tuesday, April 26, 2011

First Trip

Checklist for 3 day trip with the Kiddo:
Diapers for 3 days- extra for just in case
Wipes- whole package- ya never know
Clothes for him- jammies and day time clothes- back up clothes and back up back up clothes for  just in case of poo and spit up
Clothes for me and back up back up clothes in case he spits up on me- in case, I mean for when he spits up
Blankie- back up blankie just in case I lose one or gets dirty
Toys
Play floor blankie
A PACIFIER- which later would prove to save us on the way down there but not way back
Moby wrap- lifesaver!
Socks
Hats
Stroller
Diaper Bag and
BABY!!

I am sure you are getting the idea even though I am sure I forgot some stuff. That was all just for him excluding stuff for the dogs, me, and the hubs. Squished in the car for a 3.5 hour drive. He did good on the way down there. He fussed once or twice but the pacifier saved us. We stopped in Santa Barbara for quick change, feed, and bathroom break. Otherwise smooth sailing. We had a great visit. Bear got to meet some  new faces. A bit off his schedule, but nothing a bouncy patio chair could not take care of. He saw his first beach visit, and had his first beach feeding. Listening to the soft sounds of the waves crashing and birds singing. Mel was did an awesome job taking baby pictures of Bear. I hope to get some printed off and framed! He is really beginning to laugh and talk.
Thankfully we made it home but that was only after about 3 or 4 stops. Bear had decided that the car seat was not for him, as well as the pacifier.

















3 comments:

Unknown said...

he is CUTIE!!!! oh, and something i've noticed....mine's 20 months old now and i'm still bringing a ridiculous amount of things with me just to take a short day trip even, nevermind the extended stay. i swear you need a whole extra car just carry their things!

Lucy Griffin said...

what a beautiful little Bear! I need to meet him asap.

Anonymous said...

What a handsome man. I would watch that car seat. Jackson (my oldest) decided after a 7 hour trip to oklahoma that he would not ride in it again. We had to go and buy another car seat. Not kiding. I hope your sleeping well and have too much fun.

Tracy